Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Nothing Says Summer Like Tomato Pie

Tomato Pie is one of my all time favorite summer treats. Now that the tomato scare is over (I think), I need to make one of these. Here is the recipe.

1 cup Bisquick
1/3 cup milk
4-6 tomatoes, diced
basil, chives, lemon pepper, Mrs. Dash
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Mix Bisquick and milk and put it in a greased pie plate. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.

Add tomatoes and seasonings.

Mix mayonnaise and cheese together and spread on the top.

Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.

Enjoy!

Oh, and usually when I make this, I double the recipe and cook it in a 9 x 13!

2 comments:

Kelly in Big D said...

This sounds SOOOO good - I can't WAIT to make it! Maybe I'll head down to the farmers' market to get some extra yummy tomatoes...

Hopsy said...

Oh my goodness you have made my day! We had this every summer at camp on the night of birthday ball and it was my favorite part of the meal. So yummy! I am going to make one when I get back to Dallas so my roomie and can pretend we are back at good, old Greystone!